Monday, April 10, 2006

Procrastination

Despite my fear of the Asian manicure lady, I'm still finding ample opportunity to pick at my cuticles.

Spring break is in three and a half days and my brain feels like mashed potatoes. Still haven't done my taxes (which isn't to my advantage . . . I'm getting money back) and have these cockamamy plans that I'm going to do all this work on my house over break. Remember when I thought I was going to take all the plumbing apart in my bathroom and put in new cartidges and seals? Yeah, those "I have no water" plans, because we all know that I won't be able to get things back together once I take them apart (plus, all the parts are from 1949).

Mr. Crabbypants has cabin fever and therefore, is even crabbier than usual. Insists that he will be able to drive this week, which I think is a bad idea, but no one is asking me. Had a lovely time yesterday with my mother at the outlet mall.

It occurs to me that I probably need a bathing suit to sit by the pool in Vegas (it didn't occur to me that we could gamble until, like, yesterday though) and for some reason, the entire garment industry has decided that everyone should wear bikinis this season. So not only am I having a hard time finding something to wear, my anxiety level is growing about what I will have to see on other people at the pool. I would, quite frankly, skip the whole pool experience but I want to see Princess' face when I pull out the 45 SPF sunscreen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you don't pull out a really big hat and wear pants by the pool, I don't care what spf you use!

Anonymous said...

So I can't pack my big hat? What's this world coming to when I cannot have freedom of expression? :)