Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wasting Daylight

It's now 1:45 p.m. and I still haven't showered . . . or changed out of my pajamas. My father did wake me up at some ungodly time to announce that he was going to work (on Sunday?), which brought me back to my childhood. "Get up! You're wasting the day." He would announce when I was a teenager . . . and really wanted to waste the day, as there was nothing else to do in that God-forsaken town I grew up in, except watch the corn grow or get into trouble.

With my hair all askew, I have made Ramen noodles for my mother and I as lunch. Amazing how you sometimes crave the Ramen . . . especially if you don't have to eat Ramen, as I did for most of my twenties. My mother calls the Ramen fake chicken favor packets "goosh", as in two packets of noodles and one packet of "goosh". Now that we are full of Ramen, we might go get a fire ring (oooh, fire . . . ) and maybe a Nerd flurry or two. (Problem is: Nerd flurries are always too big, even if you get the small size. Nerd flurries need to come in their own special size because of their overt sweetness. Still way good though.) So wasting the day at Stately Wayne Manor . . .

Went and picked up my diamond, which mesmerizes me and I sit and play with it, so it sparkles. Miss talking to "imaginary boy" even though it's only been a day and half, so it's way too early to be going through withdrawal. My sister is going to make an offer on the dreamy house (way better than my house, and I am pouting) and we are going to look into "containment" options. Have to grade a pile of papers and get ready for the week but probably won't because sitting here "wasting the day" is too much fun. I'll let the lawn try and mow itself today (I know that won't work . . . but still.) And now it's 2 p.m.

Thank goodness it's light until 9 p.m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ungodly time was probably 8 o'clock. If so you deserved it. :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, more like 6:00 a.m.! I was there!