Thursday, March 20, 2008

I LOVE my phone AND I LOVE Matthew Good

There are no t-shirts at the Matthew Good concert.

Correction. There is only one t-shirt on the table at the Matthew Good concert and it is brown. Brown with light blue lettering that states "in it for the money" in very loopy script.

I am not in it for the money.

And I don't wear brown. So no concert t-shirt. So no matter how much I desire to have "Matthew Good" scrawled across my chest, it was not in the cards.

And as stated previously, the opening act was cute. I liked her. (Not Rachel Ray cute . . . there was a discussion about that . . . more like baby chick cute . . . I didn't want to take her home, lest she grow up to be a chicken, but she was nice enough to listen to . . . I bought her little CD)

And Matt? He was much, much more strong musically than I had anticipated. He sang two songs a capella. It was impressive. You always think that they fix things in the studio . . . but he was just as strong live.

The people in the crowd? Not so impressive. No wonder Matthew Good hates Americans.

The three girls behind me would NOT shut up and kept taking pictures of each other with their phones. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, click. There were two people next to me who talked on their phones the entire show. HEY DUDE. YEAH. I'M AT MATTHEW GOOD. YEAH. LISTEN. (holds phone up in the air) COOL.

And then there was drunk girl.

I like to think that Spider Monkey attracts them . . . but I'm beginning to think it's me. Drunk girl started the show much like the phone girls but with loud proclamation about how she loved Matthew Good. All statements were either made to the stage or to her assumed boyfriend. But as the show went on, drunk girl became more intoxicated . . . and thus, LOUDER. And more random in her statements. She yelled about her love of pretty much everything to her boy during Avalanche . . . a very slow and somewhat soft song. If Spider Monkey wasn't between us, I would have elbowed drunk girl . . . causing her to yell about how her side now hurt.

Oh, and I made poor SM stand next to the speaker, which was above the call of friend duty.

So Matthew Good awesome. Matthew Good fans, not so much.

And yes, I know I'm one of them . . . and my bad anger vibe and the thoughts of pummeling probably didn't help.

The last song was "True Love will Find You in the End". Sigh. It was good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there was ever a time to break the brown rule that would have to be it.

iamthanu said...

Nah . . . it didn't even have his name on it . . . and I don't like that song. Or more correctly, I like that song but don't feel that a song about an awful person and a divorce should be emblazoned upon my chest.

Anonymous said...

True, very true. He has better shirts previously over the years. Have you seen this new Matthew Good book?