Wednesday, July 09, 2008

But it Doesn't Feel Like MRSA

I am now on IV antibiotics . . . and they are awaiting another culture and pathology report. Today I was at the infectious disease center for four and a half hours while they pumped me full of a new antibiotic. The strongest they had.

And I keep saying . . . "but this feels different." I think it may a be a reaction to the drugs, as the new lesions on my legs started as bug bites and are completely different from what I went in for originally. And only started when I was on the Cipro. They are red and painful but there is no drainage.

But what the hell do I know? I can move my left leg without pain for the first time since Sunday . . . and I don't know if it's from the antihistamine they gave me to be able to take the antibiotic (pretty bad when they have to dose you with antihistamine, just to put something in your body) or from the antibiotic itself. It's still giant and red.

I feel like the antibiotics are stripping me. I have no energy. I get up, go get the IV, come home, and sleep. Getting up off the couch is a challenge. And then the 4.5 hours in a chair today, next to the bleeding, coughing and oozing. I keep feeling like if I didn't have MRSA to begin with, I may have it before I'm through.

So let's hope the pathology report says I'm clean . . . and I can stop all these drugs . . . and get off the couch to do some fun things this summer.

No comments: