Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Broken . . . with Gaping Wounds

"You're going to be fine!" the doctor kept exclaiming, which is leading me to believe that she was totally freaked. The abscess had already burst, just due to its placement on my hip, right where my leg bends. So every time I move, especially to lift myself into the jeep, pressure is applied. Wearing underwear is an unique accomplishment at this point.

So now I have this gaping pus filled hole. And this is somehow much more comfortable than the oozing sore of yesterday. I'm on antibiotics, have special compresses and some sort of cream. The biggest difficulty is getting the bandages on and off, which is supposed to happen three to four times a day. Except for the doctor muttering "looks like MRSA", it was a good outcome.

"Looks like MRSA" . . . freaks everyone out. "So are you quarantined?" SM asked. Princess has decided that we may just go to different movie theaters and call each other to talk about the movie. My father so lovingly pointed out that it is again a holiday weekend, as did the doctor. Evidently, once I get the diagnosis on Thursday, I will have to go to the emergency room if it is MRSA. I don't know why . . . perhaps for IV antibiotics?

I call the doctor today. Go back next week.

And I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I may have also broken my foot. Not that I can do anything about it now . . . as it happened on Friday. But it feels like I'm walking on a ball. A ball of soreness, below my fourth toe. So maybe I'll mention that when I go to the emergency room. Maybe get a set of x-rays with my IV.

Not that I'm going to the emergency room . . . cause I'm going to be fine . . . the doctor said so.

No comments: