Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I have what in my sinus?

Turns out that they don't even send the x-rays to the doctor . . . they just send a report. While I don't have horribly deformed sinuses, I do have a cyst in my left nasal sinus cavity. That would explain the pint of water that came out of my nose one day . . . a burst cyst. I also explains why my nose always feels stuffed up and why blowing my nose doesn't help. The allergist went into the "we'll just watch it" routine . . . "no problem, you don't have a sinus infection right now" but I insisted on the referral to the ENT. I don't think you can diagnose "benign" on an x-ray. Besides, I've occasionally thought about just taking a power drill and drilling a hole to release the pressure . . . now a professional can do it.

When I asked for a copy of the x-ray, they laughed . . .

No comments: