Thursday, July 07, 2005

So I'm a media whore . . .

. . . and I watch entirely too much CNN. Today I learned about:
-- the guitarist from Korn's (Bryan Welsh?) decision to quit the band and become a Christian. I gotta say good for him. Though the word devil was mentioned too many times, it was kinda nice for someone to be on T.V. saying "hey, I don't think five year olds should sing about sex". He IS going against the establishment.

--
Project Alabama, which has the coolest $300 T-shirts I have ever seen. Evidently, you can not buy them on the web . . . and my checking account thanks the world wide web for that because it is 4:30 in the morning and I would have bought one of those suckers.

I am up this early because I cannot close my front door and don't really want to sleep with the door open (little security psychosis thanks to my mother - the director of homeland security herself). I managed to get a third coat of paint on the door by 2 am and it's not quite dry enough. I'm afraid it will stick to the frame and I'll have to sand and start all over again. Backstory is: I painted the brand new expensive door when it was too hot or something and it got all drippy so I brushed over it and then it got all blotchy and drippy. It was a mess. So I had to sand and repaint. Now I'll only paint it when the sun is down and it's under 70 degrees. I'm on vampire time anyway.

I got up at noon and then took a nap from 2 pm to 4 pm because I wasn't really ready to get up. Mr. Crabbypants would be appalled with my complete "wasting of the day". At this rate, I'm wasting tomorrow too. CNN is such a good friend at 4 am though . . . I had forgotten about that.

No comments: