Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm Just a Little Black Rain Cloud . . . Edit

Freaking out about things I cannot control:

I think I have MRSA . . . I thought originally that it was a spider bite but am now coming to the realization that something is terribly wrong. And getting an appointment with a dermatologist during the summer? Well, I'm finding it a lot like dating in your late thirties. I probably should just go to the emergency room, but I finally have an appointment at 1:30 tomorrow with a doctor that is farther away than I'd like.

My brain is on "what-if" overload . . . plus "you should've" looping . . . and there is no point. What will happen, will happen. So no use in "going to happen". And certainly no use in the Crabbypants pessimism that my brain seems to enjoy. This happens once a month. Go clean your dining room. If he likes some other woman . . . well . . . you found this one, you will find another . . . get over your trust issues . . .

Interesting that I can get this worked up in less that 48 hours. It is getting my dining room cleaned however.Oh, and the MRSA thing? It really hurts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before you die of some horrid infection, can I please scold you for a) planting cilantro and b) not knowing what to do with cilantro? It's a dumb herb to plant, as it gets all leggy and goes to seed really fast. Thyme and rosemary are much more sensible herbs to plant, in my experience as a patio gardener. As for part b) although I never grow it, I go through a bunch of cilantro a week: it improves anything Mexican and anything Indian. I just dumped a bunch of it in a half-assed corn and bean salad that I'm planning to eat for lunch tomorrow in a half-assed effort to eat healthier lunches.

While I'm opining: your mystery vegetable probably wasn't jicama, as that's shaped like a slightly squashed ball and you probably wouldn't mistake that for a sweet potato. I think you may have gotten yourself a boniato (I had to look that up because I'd originally spelled it "boitano" and I'm pretty sure you didn't try to feed anybody a figure skater). Joy of Cooking describes it as having reddish skin and a white, mealy inside that tastes less sweet than sweet potatoes.

Enough from me. Hope you feel better soon and that none of your limbs rot off before you get to the godforsaken doctor . . .

-the other one

iamthanu said...

Well, thank you . . . I did plant rosemary and thyme for the record, as well as sage and basil. And I consumed all the chimichurri sauce and now miss it, so I will probably make some more. I am a fan of cilantro . . . but I am alone amongst my friends. And if I cook, I don't really cook for just me.

Thanks for the vegetable identification. I will look more carefully at my sweet potatoes in the future. Or just not buy them at the snotty, snotty grocery "boutique". Meijer is less likely to confuse their boniatos (although I'm calling it a boitano from now on) with their sweet potatoes . . . mostly because they won't have any.

And I went to the doctor yesterday. My limbs may still rot off.