Monday, May 28, 2007

Get Some Elves

I did yard work all day. Mowed the lawn. Pulled neverending weeds. Cursed the fact that I have grass (mental note: do more research on that non-decorative landscape thing for the front).

I'm not even close to done. Maybe if I got some elves.

Anyhow, as I was mowing the last spot of the backyard that I was going to mow today, after I moved all the sticks, I thought to myself, while looking at the great bed of weeds that I'm growing next to my house, how does anyone do this . . . who works? I mean, like, at a job? Cause I'm off all summer and can catch up then. Maybe they just call the men. Or the elves. I gotta get the number for the elves. Because the landscaping cloth is not going to install itself.

I bought some watermelon plants. And some snow peas. Managed to plant most of the flowers that I purchased two days ago. Now I'm sunburned . . . and dirty. Very, very dirty. Just washed my shoes in the sink, which was a nice option. And there is something very soothing about gardening. A sense of accomplishment, when everything is straightened out and the weeds are all gone. Plus you get to pull out the weeds (kill, kill, kill). Never thought I would be into it. The ipod helps.

And before you get all excited, mother . . . no, I don't want to garden everyday and I will not own a "gardening hat". So calm down.

So to do:
Get some elves
More pots
Bigger ladder

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it scary how that piece of Mom has creeped into us? I had a similar day - although my "elf" is my neighbor - who was so excited that I was clearing out weeds from underneath the pine tree he would not leave me alone to listed to my I-pod and "kill kill kill". When you are done at your house this summer - I have some projects here in K-zoo!

iamthanu said...

Whatever . . . I have just as many projects as you.

Attic Insulation
Attic Everything Else (counts as like ten things)
Dining Room
Kitchen Cabinets
Basement
Roof Cleaning
Yard

See? Need some elves.

Anonymous said...

Mutants are cheaper than elves.

iamthanu said...

But I have a feeling . . . and it's just a feeling mind you, not from actual experience . . . that elves are better behaved than mutants. It would seem that they would have a better work ethic and such, the elves.

Not that I have anything against mutants. Or zombies, for that matter.