Monday, May 21, 2007

Rally Monkey, Rally

I am the worst type of hypochondriac . . . in that I'm so sure that I have something terrible, but refuse to do anything about it. Like going to the doctor. Why would I do that? This is why I couldn't breathe through the left side of my nose for fifteen years or so . . . ever since A.G. slammed his shoulder into it at band camp (once . . . at band camp . . . ) when we were proving how much more punk rock were.

So my neck doesn't "feel right", if that makes any sense. My glands are swollen? Maybe? But the back of my neck hurts too. And I'm pretty sure that my spleen is swollen . . . perhaps that is the pain in my side. And my bug bites haven't stopped itching. They may, in fact, be getting worse and I'm convinced there are more of them. And yesterday, I was just lethargic. In the worst, I-cannot-get-off-this-couch-and-clean-anything kind of way.

And I'm fine. Just stressed and tired. Oh, and I have a metallic taste in my mouth sometimes. Anyhow, I'm fine. And blonde. Very blonde. Looks like Tinkerbell currently.

Is it bad that I change my hair color so much that my mental image of myself doesn't adjust? Quite honestly, I picture myself with the black haircut . . . which was three hairstyles ago. So Tinkerbell in the mirror is kind of a shock, each time. So the blonde is working toward the blue, so that I don't have to be in the chair for three hours, just two.

And why? Why blue? Because I can . . .

But yeah, I think I may be back. I mean I have to go work out right now, but I'll try to write everyday this week. I promise. Thanks for waiting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your synopsis of the weekend. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Get tested for MONO....

Anonymous said...

maybe it is the toxic effects of hair bleach?

Anonymous said...

I thought I would save this for in person but go to the doctor. Those sound like symptoms of a girl at school...who has mono.

iamthanu said...

Umm . . . everyone in my family has had mono before the age of ten. Just the way it went, we were sickly. So even though I was never officially diagnosed, I'm sure I've already had it. My two brothers were diagnosed, on separate occasions. And I just went to the doctor to get shots.

We did use a lot of hair bleach. And if I don't feel better by Friday, I'll make an appointment. Working at a school, I can't go to the doctor for every little bug or ache and pain. They are germy little bastards.