Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Giving in to My Insufferable Yarn Habit

I spent a hundred dollars on yarn yesterday.

I spent $240 dollars on an alternator for the skunk. So I guess that is worse. But I need an alternator. I'm not sure I need the yarn. But really, I think I do.

I bought some 100% alpaca for a hat I'm knitting for a friend. Went to a new yarn store and they had the yarn listed in the pattern but only in yicky colors. So had to find other yarn, which is always iffy with a new pattern. And then the very nice lady messed up my bill and only charged me for two balls of yarn when I actually had three. Didn't want to ruin my karma, so corrected her . . . which meant I had to find cash, as she had already run my card.

Then went to Murray's Auto Parts and dealt with this tall guy. I think he thought he was flirting with me (confirmed the next day at pickup of alternator) but to me he was just arguing. I don't really want to discuss alternators . . . nor did I want his vast pretend knowledge of Neons. Just wanted to buy an alternator. But he was happy to see me back. Used my name a bunch of times for good measure. Can't wait to go give the "core" to him.

Then I went to my local yarn store and dropped another eighty bucks on some: alpaca silk -- yummy, some straight worsted alpaca in black and a fun color combination for a hat that I was making for hud. Until he looked at the pattern and chose another hat. So it will go to someone, I'm sure. Burgundy and green . . . but somehow it works.

Am making the gloves from Naughty Needles . . . as well as the pirate eyepatch. But have to get the hats done first. Have about one inch of six done on the first.

Pictures later. Have to go.

No comments: