Monday, June 16, 2008

First Day of Summer

First day of summer . . .

I awoke at 6:47 am to the sound of diggers. They were moving rocks today so the soft sounds of a granite avalanche was my morning greeting. Luckily, I managed to go back to sleep.

Got up around 9:30 after watching some morning news . . . an interview with Tim Russert's son. Perused the internet and marthastewart.com for some cilantro recipes. Salad Dressing and fajita marinade . . . that's all cilantro makes. And I have bunches of it. So if anyone wants/needs/desires cilantro OR basil (I have a lot of basil) come get some from my porch. I'll just assume the rabbits ate it. Little patience problem with the growing things from seeds . . . I planted a bunch . . . and waited . . . and assumed they were dead. So then I bought a bunch of herbs when I went to flower day. Now . . . too many herbs. Herbs all over the place.

Biked to Royal Oak, had coffee, read the paper and then went shopping for hair dye. There were an amazing amount of people in Noir Leather for a Monday morning(ish) . . . an older man that kept coming in and out . . . a hetero couple looking at boots . . . a male couple trying on skirts . . . more people than I've seen in Noir in twenty years. AND the salesperson was helpful, friendly, and even smiled. It was like I was in a time warp. Went with Special Effects "devilish" for the "patch" as Princess has named it.

Then did general shopping . . . Lotus, American Apparel (do I really want to pay $40 for this cotton skirt?), the shoe stores, Poppy beauty bar (going out of business . . . everything 40% off). I made an appointment at Douglas J, just to try it out. Really wondered why they were having a gay pride festival on a Monday. Turns out they were filming a movie. And I missed it.

Biked to Habermans and picked out all the patterns I want to make. Then went to Holiday. Shopping on a bike is hard because you have to select things carefully. Holiday Mark-up does have a bike rack, however. And turns out they still have me on record, so I don't need a holiday card . . . thank goodness for phone numbers that you can keep forever.

Went to SM's to make dinner and watch Antiques Roadshow. Dinner seemed to take a long time . . . and I made mojitos while realizing that everything I really needed to make mojitos (muddler, lime squeezer) was in the pile of "Emily droppings" that had to go with me the last time I was over at SM's.

All in all, a great day.

1 comment:

hud said...

You biked to Royal Oak and had coffee w/o calling?