Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On the Third Day of Summer . . .

Pilates in the morning. I showed up for the wrong class. My class is at 9:15 a.m. and I barely made the 10 a.m. class. Wednesday mornings are not going to be fun.

Came up and got my bike. Biked to the Starbucks next to the allergist's office and then went and got my shots. Rode to downtown Birmingham and realized several things. 1. There are NO bike racks in B'ham. Even at the bike shop, which of course, I pointed out to them.

"You have no bike rack."
"What? No. We don't have a bike rack. Not outside. No."
"But you are a bike store."
"Yeah."
"I rode my bike here. Don't you see the irony?"

I don't think he got it, or appreciated the line of questioning.

2. Everything has either closed or moved to not Birmingham. Perhaps it's the economy. Perhaps people drove the rents up too high. Don't know. But there is no place to shop.
3. No one looks for bikes. My mother was right. I do need to wear a helmet. At one point I screamed in sheer terror as a Ford truck decided to back into me. I need to buy a cooler helmet. With stickers or something.

Now I am very hungry.

And I have no idea where that damn family shirt is . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pee Wee Herman had the coolest helmet on the kiddie show.