Thursday, February 02, 2006

What? You don't check it?

I haven't posted because of the plague that is infecting my body . . . living primarily in my sinuses but affecting all over. I did have a thought as I was blowing my nose, again, for the forty-seventh time in second hour. I didn't realize that not everyone checks the snot in the tissue after they blow their nose. How do you gauge the color quality if you don't look in the tissue? How do you know if it is "just a virus" or a full blown bacterial creeping crud infection?

I just have a virus, by the way . . . nothing they can do, except tell me to drink lots of fluids and rest. Mostly clear . . . some little yellow chunks, but nothing to write home about or anything. The best is when I blow my nose, I get really dizzy because all the fluid shifts in my ears. Better than being drunk . . . and Puffs are way cheaper than alcohol.

Oh, and my throat is really, really sore. And I have some tonsil still left (or it grew back? Is that even possible?) on the right side of my throat . . . I knew that operation was a sham, even though I was seven. I want a refund. My tonsils were supposed to be removed and removed completely. And no matter what my father says, gargling salt water stills sucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be your adnoids - do you still have those???

I think I am coming down with that head stuffy thing with the ear popping too - minus the throat. Thanks for passing it along at lunch on Sunday.

M.T.

iamthanu said...

I am so happy that I got to share the plagueness with you! Happy coughing and hacking . . .