Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Okay, Two Things

I was just carded for spray paint.

And I was so surprised by their asking, that I stuttered my birth date.

The kids. They huff it. So they have to ask you for your birth date . . . just like at Meijer's, but at Meijer's I'm buying liquor.

"Oh, I thought you were asking because you thought I was going to make some graffiti." Nope. Don't care if you tag the place. Just don't sniff it. And at 36, Home Depot thinks I'm old enough to decide.

Okay, next.

My "superior" . . . a.k.a. an assistant principal . . . asked me today, "if you were still teaching English, would you have applied for department head?"

They were surprised by my answer. "Hell no." Well more like, "Hell NO." I then went on to explain that I make a good minion. I like behind the scenes. "I like to do stuff, but as soon as you get a title . . . well, crap gravitates to you."

To a friend later, I explained that the A.P. seemed confused by my answer. "Hmmm, let's see . . . a natural leader, who is unwilling to take any official leadership role. Yeah, not confusing, at all." (I think I got that quote right. If not, please correct me in the comments.)

Awwww. Someone called me a "natural leader".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh--tenure!!!