Saturday, May 07, 2005

Anyone want to go?

I have been invited to the "Mustard Plug" show next Friday by a group (of all people) of my students. Mustard Plug was playing the MSU scene when I was there . . . a million years ago. I would really like to go to the show but I don't want to go with my students. M will be away, interviewing like the international jet-setter should. So if anyone in cyberspace would like to go to the Mustard Plug show . . . comment. It's on Friday the 13th in Detroit. I was told that they are playing at Alvin's but will have to check the website to know for sure. They requested some punk and ska at the Prom, which the D.J. actually played for once, and it came up.

Prom was really great this year . . . but I didn't show until ten, so all the obnoxious ones may have left by then. Only about fifty kids and they were mostly yearbook kids or friends of yearbook. I had a nice time, even did alittle dancing. Got introduced as "My favorite teacher" some . . . which means more to me than they even know. As always, I was the bouncer without planning on it. Had to kick out a bunch of drunk wedding people from the reception next door.

Funny story about that later.

No comments: