Thursday, May 19, 2005

Shut off my head

So I get obsessed about little stupid stuff and I just get in this looping thing where I think and think and think but don't act until the hopelessly last second. My current thing is this gift I have to buy for a party I am going to on Saturday. I have to buy a graduation present . . . for a yearbook kid and I don't know what to get. I don't know if it's the kid . . . or going to the party . . . I just can't come up with an idea of what to get. Maybe it's that I got his brother a really good present and I'm afraid I can't match it (which I can't . . . N was easier to shop for. Art supplies.). Quite frankly, there will be nothing wrong with me showing up with the regular graduation gift, like, say the jar of quarters so you can do your laundry at college. I'm actually thinking of getting his mother a present . . . she really, really deserves the gift for letting him live for eighteen years, in my opinion. So far the only idea is an exacto knife set . . . which I am sure he already has . . . or a dictionary, which is lame. He would really appreciate the Anarchist Cookbook but I'm a teacher, so just can't do that. So gift certificate to the art supply store it is . . . and I'll just show up to the party late and with something to do.

Can't wait for school to be over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suspense. End the suspense, did you get the gift certificate? or the lame dictionary?

iamthanu said...

Harry received a small jar of candy, a book of poetry by Charles Bukowski and a gift certificate to Utretch. Harry would always come into my office and ask if he could have some candy from the stash I kept for the kids when they were good for a sub. The book sounded like something Harry would like . . . plus "he's not a reader" so poetry was the choice. The gift certificate was so I didn't actually buy anything to help him do any illicit activities, such as tagging, not that anyone I know does that . . . ever.