Thursday, May 26, 2005

A cooler spot in hell

I stayed at work today and edited the paper . . . I am not the journalism teacher but I'm sick of the typos and the inappropriate material. I then stayed so the kid could do all the revisions. There should be a spot in heaven for me or at least a cooler spot in hell. (or a better table in hell . . . remember Stu?) Ugh, I hate it when people don't do their jobs (yes this is directed at you journalism teacher). I also hate it when I bail people out . . . since there were really inappropriate things in this senior issue that I suggested they cut. I should have just let the journalism teacher hang for it.

I'm all nervous and anxious about the yearbook coming in . . . I really hate this time of year and am a crab for most of it. When you hand the book out, for some reason, everyone (parents, other teachers, random adults) feels the need to scream at the yearbook advisor for "not doing a good enough job". I'm supposed to have the students make the book and yet catch every little mistake they make. All and all, most people are very happy about the yearbook but those people don't say anything . . . because they are happy with the product. So I get to hear two weeks of . . . "did you know you messed up this" or, more often, irate screaming. And yet, I still have to do the big send-off for the graduating yearbook staff with the party, the presents and the pomp and circumstance. In addition, those are the two weeks I have to go to every after school event because my seniors are graduating so I have to take the pictures. This then exposes me to even more of the public . . . who are sure they PAID for a yearbook even though they are not on my three lists (receipt book, spreadsheet and account register) and they don't have a receipt. Why is it that they always lose those darn receipts . . . maybe because they didn't have one in the first place? Why don't I just trust them, they have the check carbon copy, you know. . .

On the bonus side, I did get mentioned in the senior issue of the newspaper . . . by several different students, who spoke highly of me and were thanking me for things. So it might be worth all the hassle for that. . . maybe.

1 comment:

iamthanu said...

. . . and I'm really too neurotic to take that as a compliment.