Friday, March 16, 2007

Franny and Zooey

On Fridays we have silent reading and as a modeling activity I have been reading a lot of Salinger. Again, of course.

So I found this great quote to write about. But I didn't bring the school's copy of the book home and figured that I would be able to find it in my "library". I know I've bought the book at least once (I know I've bought Neuromancer more than once) and I also am realizing that I have forgotten to return one to a library (or two). But I have no copy of Franny and Zooey in the house. And the quote as long been forgotten in the trials of my never being able to leave high school life. (I keep telling the kids that someday I may graduate . . . someday)

Neuromancer is gone too.

So somewhere, with all of my lost socks are multiple copies of paperbacks. Damn those underwear gnomes.

So un-Salinger . . . the underwear gnomes. Either that, or very Salinger. I'm not sure which.

No comments: