Thursday, March 22, 2007

Like a Sea Lion

Scene: Parent Teacher Conferences -- stuffy high school gym with a 100 people milling around using air

M2: I so need some ice cream.

It is the end of conferences . . . fifteen minutes left.

Em: Mmmm. Ice Cream. I haven't had ice cream in sixth months. (she then thinks about how ice cream would destroy her digestive system for about 24 hours . . . as she has not consumed lactose in about as long)

M2: Yeah, I've had ice cream . . . about every time I feel like this.

Em: But you are a size 10, so it's okay. Do you realize that I've been going to the gym religiously for three months . . . and I've gained weight?

M2: One of the mysteries of the universe.

Em: No, I chalk it up to the Swedish. In Sweden, my relatives had to have blubber to survive. We're like sea lions.

M2: Sea lions?

Em: Yup.

M2: You should use that on matchdotcom. "I'm like a sea lion."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Muscle is denser than fat, so more mass per unit volume. No mystery involved, just physics at work.