Friday, March 11, 2005

Grrr in the direction of Marshall Fields

So the chair I bought cannot be fixed. Bought it a month ago from Marshall Fields . . . had to take a day off of work to have it delivered. No problem, cause I got a great deal. Until it arrived with a four inch cut in the leather. So now I'm taking another day off of work to talk to the repair man . . . who can't fix it. Something about leather being just like skin (duh, it is skin) and that the cut is in the first layer (would that be the epidermus?) so he can't "glue" it. I didn't want glue on the arm of my chair anyhow.

They can just give me alot of money off (especially now after two work days - at least that's the angle I will work) or come and take it back. The trouble is . . . the rub as it were. . . is that it is a "scratch and dent" chair, me being so terribly like my father. It was on super clearance from someone not liking a special order and there is no other. I checked. Now the b.s. that the repairman "Ken" is giving me about the chairs never being in the clearance center is just that b.s. There are four other chairs just like it in a variety of colors . . . just not the color I want. And my chair, my poor broken chair, stayed on the floor for sixth months. I can see from the dutch auction tag how long it has been on the floor. So I may have to go with another chair, as much as I dearly love this one. It glides and bounces and reclines. How many things do that? AND it matches the other scratch and dent stuff I bought that day. Shit.

No comments: