Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Suck, Sucky, Suck, Suck

My job just sucked today. I don't know why I do anything since they (the anonymous they) just micromanage it and insult my intelligence. I'm tired of the volunteer overtime (I know I get summers off but for the crap I put up with . . . and I was at school until 9 tonight) and the b.s. and my next door neighbor announcing that she's on drugs and she'll be fine in fifteen minutes as soon as the vicodin kicks in . . .

I'm tired of getting lumped in with the other monkeys I work with . . . who I admit are inept but I did not hire them nor did I give them a diploma or any credentials. I'm tired of being labelled "confrontational" just because I don't think it's okay for people to swear at me, especially because I can't swear back. . . or "power hungry" because I won't be talked down to by a boss who is overcompensating because I am smart and better educated than he is . . .

The problem is I don't know what else to do . . . moving up on the food chain just makes me one of them . . . going back to school would be great but how do I make the mortgage. I could chuck it all but I really kinda like where I live and I haven't finished painting the place. I want to dye my hair pink and get my lip pierced and wear doc martens everyday. (I could actually do all of those things, I do have tenure) I want to be challenged in a good way instead of the crap that I have to deal with now. I want people to be more secure in themselves so they don't have to overcompensate to try and prove they are right all the time. I want to finish this damn scarf I've started knitting and am already bored with but am too far in to rip apart.

This sucks.

Spring break is in three days.

Conferences are tomorrow. Lines of parents. Yes, Mrs. so and so, I know your son is special and unique and has great gifts but that has no effect on his grade if he doesn't turn anything in. . . ."

suck, suck, suck.

No comments: