Thursday, June 02, 2005

Genetically stubborn

Book came in and was distributed . . . looks awesome -- I'm so glad they decided to go with all color. Our graphic design skills have improved tremendously from years past. Start with an all new staff next year (two returning) and changing over to web publishing (blog your yearbook basically). Of course, everything has been picked apart . . . but it took a good twenty-four hours.

In other news . . . the "Fun Fair" is this weekend at my nephew's elementary school. Can't wait for the cake walk! If they even have cake walks anymore. The fun fair was the best when I was in elementary school . . . couldn't wait every year. My nephew has no clue, however, my brother and I will go and spend 50 bucks on tickets, I'm sure. (actually I have no clue how much tickets are . . . my parents bought them . . . and it was the 80's) So much nostalgia to be had.

I'm refusing to turn on my airconditioning, in some weird, genetically driven Grandpa B weirdness and it is really, really hot in my office. My grandfather did not believe in air conditioning, which I experienced fully on a trip to Kansas when I was young. I remember thinking, while trying to hang my head out the window ("get your head back inside") WHY DOESN'T HE JUST TURN ON THE AIR so I don't die in this backseat? I had alot of time to think about it because the drive to Kansas doesn't have many highlights. I never did come up with an answer but it was somehow connected to the fact that Grandpa didn't like any "fancy" gadgets in his cars because it was "just more to break" in his opinion. I personally am using the dual excuse of 1. it's Michigan, so tomorrow it could be cold again - in fact it could snow and 2. I haven't changed the filter. But those are really just rationalizations . . . I'm telling you, it's this weird genetic thing where I need to be stubborn and hot, evidently.

Finished a sleeve on the skull sweater . . . it looks sweet.

No comments: