Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Cheaper. Less Calories.

Hmm. Who knew?

If you search "goth in your thirties" on AOL search, there's me on the center of the page. Interesting how people find me.

So I'm feeling a bit under the weather today and I'd like to think that it wasn't the drinks that I had last night . . . but it was the drinks I had last night. My car broke. I talked to one boss and don't lie well and she asked about the other boss. I tried to keep positive. Tried. Yeah. So some martinis later . . . I felt really good. And now, I don't feel so good.

And you know that resolution you make with yourself? The one you make after drinking a bit too much? I'm never going to drink again. Yeah. That will be great. Cheaper. Less calories. No more drinking.

Except that I'm supposed to go to the wine bar with a friend tonight.

My brother was very sweet last night and fixed my car. Made it work again when things seemed hopeless. And fixed it for free . . . and made it work more that just that day with a can of WD-40. A very talented man. And I would probably be still stuck in the parking lot of the Polish Market with my yogurt going bad if he hadn't come to save me.

So my brother is currently a saint. And I'm not drinking for at least a week.

No comments: