Thursday, July 12, 2007

Evening Activity

I read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in one evening. I remember, not because I read most books . . . and for some reason especially Harry Potter books . . . in the course of an evening (currently reading Winkie . . . slowly, which is unusual). I remember because (spoiler alert, for those who haven't read it or seen the movie skip to the second paragraph now) I was crying at 5 in the morning because Sirius Black died. And feeling very silly because it was 5 a.m., I was crying about a character in a Harry Potter book, and I wasn't ten years old.

So I went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix this evening and true to the adage, the book was way better than the movie. And that part that I was so upset about was just a blip in the movie. Hardly a sniffle. It was worth seeing, but only if you have read the book. I'll lend it to you if you would like . . .

I thought I would be the only person in the theater, because who goes to the movies at 11 p.m. on a Wednesday? But there were families and couples. All who wanted to talk, unwrap loud candy wrappers and crunch things. If we had thrown a cell phone into the mix, it would have been perfect . . . the boys in front of me were constantly texting. So Sunday morning is a better time for movies. If we are comparing, anyhow.

And now everyone will compare me to Tonks. The posting of all the new rules and the changes at Hogwarts reminded me of "somewhere". I think I will take to posting "Rule 119" in the same way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harry Potter? And no invitation for me?

iamthanu said...

Depends . . . who is "me"?