Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pulled . . . or Finding the Bar Next to the Cyclotron

"I just commented on a post and now it's GONE."
"Yeah, I do that sometimes. I pull them. It was whiny."
"It wasn't whiny."
"It talked about work."
"Yes, it talked about work. It was revealing. But it wasn't whiny."
"Well, I can pull them. I usually put them back up after I get three or four more posts up."
"I just wondered if I was crazy. I had just commented."
"Nope. It's still there. You just can't see it."

Ah, the fine line of personal blogging. What is self-indulgent pratter and what is insightful? I was basically whining about my life . . . again. And I decided that wasn't pretty. So I pulled it to a draft. I always put them back up. I just wait, so that it is not the first entry one sees.

Basically what it came down to was that the internet (the "new" way to meet people . . . even though we've been doing it for years) is not working for me. And as I primarily talk to the waitress at Leo's and the barista at Starbucks, I would like to order something: slightly awkward skinny guy with glasses, dark hair, obscure sense of humor -- graduate degree a plus, but must be smarty pants. And one would think that you would be able to find that on the internet, cause isn't that where they all hang out? I need to find better nerd bars. Next to physics school or something. The ultimate question. Where do all the lonely engineers hang out?

Oh, yeah, forgot to add sane. The non-insane relatively good-looking lonely engineers who will worship the ground I walk on. Who are into alternative music. But not too into it.

And I wonder why I haven't met someone?

Anyhow, that was really what the pulled post was about: angst at not finding the nerd who will at least like me . . . though the nerd bar thing is a yummy thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, thank you for acknowledging that I am not totally insane:)
- Princess