Tuesday, December 25, 2007

But All I Wanted was My Two Front Teeth

Yeah, I had to sing that song solo in fourth grade.

Diamond earrings.

I got diamond earrings . . . and you know that thing with girls and diamonds. I think they will live in my second set of holes.

I also got a roomba . . . which will mean that the crazy little robot will yell at me about clothes being on the floor. My brothers love them, the little robots, but my brothers also like to think about algorithms in their spare time. I do not. There will be little watching of the roomba for entertainment. But others are welcome to come over and watch it, if that is your thing. I hear they like attention.

I got a USB turntable, which means I have to buy a new computer . . . but still really exciting. I left it with my father, so he could play with it. He has mounds more vinyl than I have. But now I can take the B-sides off the Bela Lugosi glow-in-the-dark picture disk. So one of my life goals.

It was a very magnet Christmas, so now people can come over and comment that my family is all wearing matching shirts. Because my mother made magnets with family pictures. And calendars with family pictures.

My mother made me socks (yay, new socks!) and a felted purse. And due to my recent felting experience, that much have been a bitch to make. She made me some wrist warmers because I think it annoys her when I put my thumbs through my sweatshirt sleeves. Got a set of knitting needles that you can make any size by adding parts. "For knitting emergencies", which I do have on occasion, believe it or not.

Oh and that brings us to the silliness of Christmas Eve. My brother set up a webcam and my sister IMed us through the whole thing. So the Crabbypants Christmas was streaming live. Sorry, I didn't tell anyone. So my sister would send comments, like "Who has a knitting emergency" and there would be that little be-boop noise while you were opening your presents. And thankfully, we did not record the whole thing. Because no one wants to watch that on youtube.

Z really liked all his presents and was busy once he opened the legos. We really should have him open the legos first. He was very excited with his "ipod" (My sister and I got him a shuffle, which isn't really an ipod, but he seems to think so . . . ) and very happy with the wooden artist dummies.

Let's see, my father got me a bunch of tools that he got on clearance at Target. And a sink snake, which I may use today on the bathroom sink.

And I got an alarm clock that projects the time on the ceiling. And resets itself automatically. And will give me the phase of the moon, should I need it. Now I don't have to wear my watch to bed (I can't see farther than my wrist without my glasses on or contacts in). I got a bunch of other stuff but this entry seems rather long. It was the year of the glass nail file, so I can kill someone in a pinch.

Oh, and I got cookies and a mixed "tape" and bad cupcake magnets (cupcakes smoking . . . because my sister says I make bad cupcakes, very clever) -- so there's the rest of the magnet xmas comment -- and a coffin purse. Yes, a coffin purse. So perfect.

So great Christmas. All liked their gifts, which is somehow more important to me. My whole family is now organizing their ipods . . . except for my father, who got display shelves.

Maybe I'll go program the damn robot.

No comments: