Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Good Enough for the Felt We Go With

I'm playing phone tag with my sister . . . and ignoring the yearbook. My sister wants absolution for missing Christmas and abandoning me with my parents. I think. (Turns out she wanted shoes sizes of other family members)

Not going so well on the slave elf front . . . finished the scrap stripey hat and have hopefully found a "quick" pattern for the family boys. Keep forgetting that Z. is into brown, so now have to go find brown yarn, instead of the deep plum yarn that I am currently working with. And I have all those sock monkeys. Did get some stuff felted last night. Felting? Ziploc bag, hot water and soap . . . to basically shrink some wool (in this case, alpaca actually) . . . and THREE hours later (several messy ziploc bag explosions later also) I decided that the things must be done.

My father often says "Good enough for the girls we go with . . . " and yeah, with that project, they are . . . good enough for the girls.

So toiling away. Must find a short cute project for school . . . cheap would be good also. Just picture me chained to a bench with curved shoes, tights and a green hat with a jingle bell. Arrgh, I hate the jingling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meant to say earlier that as soon as I saw the reviews for Juno, I KNEW you were going to love it. Are you investing in a hamburger phone now?

-the other one

Anonymous said...

See felting in a top loading washer--much better! Of course you must stand there, but for 20 minutes, not three hours!