Monday, December 10, 2007

Just Like the BAD Cupcakes and Penguin Aprons

Finished another hat today . . . I may just get the picture up this time. Now just two more to go, plus a bunch of phone holders.

Want to make cookies for some reason. Maybe just to her Mere complain? There was a penguin apron that I almost got her for Xmas, except that I'm getting her something else for Xmas and haven't figured out anyone else, so it doesn't seem fair to have two gifts for the Mere. But I thought it would be a hoot to wear with the old people. It's at Anthropologie, Mere. Get it now. It's totally worth forty bucks for the old people to think you are adorable in your penguin apron.

So I'm going to make cookies. Mostly because I dragged this poor boy (man?) through a Borders to show him "The Cooky Book" which was a staple of my childhood. He was not impressed and a bit scared as they have not changed a thing since the day it was first published, in 1963. I think Chocolate Crinkles. But I have to get some vegetable oil. I want to make snickerdoodles too, but will save that for the weekend.

And I totally bitch and moan too much . . . why can't I just let things happen? When they want to happen. Working on that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop rubbing in that you have my present already! I have not gotten the Christmas Spark yet - and have NO GIFTS! for ANYONE! Bah Humbug - I will just go and hang out with the old people and serve "effnog". - Mere

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just made chocolate crinkles this weekend! Turns out you can make them vegan, in case you ever want to make cookies for someone with many many food allergies (or, I suppose, for an actual vegan, if you happen to have one of those).

-The other one

iamthanu said...

Just for the record, effnog sound way worse than the cupcakes that I expose you to . . .

And vegan cookies. Recalling my "week of vegan" . . . YUCK. Finnegan doesn't get to eat anything fun. And don't tell me that soy yogurt is good. Cause it isn't. Sorry Finn.