Monday, December 31, 2007

Just an Excuse for a Booze Fest

I'm so grinchy about this holiday.

I hate New Year's Eve.

There is always all this build up and then everything that could go wrong goes wrong . . . plus everyone is hammered. And I've never had fun. There was the time I broke up a fist fight between the employees when I was working at the restaurant. Or that other time when I was pulled over . . . on the street that I currently live on . . . and the cop really wanted me to be drunk and I wasn't, so instead she wrote me for TEN over. (And no, I don't know how fast I was going. My road is very misleading but it is posted at 30 mph.) And then there are the multiple bars and parties that one pays for . . . with cheap booze and obnoxious people.

So I stayed in last year. It was nice. Would like to stay in this year . . . but Princess is having a party and her sister bet that I wouldn't come. Bet. So in my oppositional defiance I have to make a showing.

And it's supposed to snow. Eight inches, according to one radio report. And I didn't make any appetizers. But I do have an excellent bottle of champagne.

So Happy New Year to one and all. I have a couple of mild resolutions, but we will save those for later. And I will put on a happy face and try to have a better attitude. There is always a first time . . . maybe this year will be fun.

No comments: