Sunday, December 02, 2007

Friendbox

How many times? What is it that I need to learn from all of this?

And I know the answer is patience . . .

Always the flicker of possibility. But just a flicker. And I am always watching for it.

I need to not look.

The best thing now is that I do not see it as rejection. I can truly say that. I would have in the past. It would have been all about me and what I didn't have. I would have taken it personally. But it is not about me.

The stars did not align. They could have . . . but they didn't. Perhaps compatible legos. Just didn't click. And I now see how lucky one is to be in the friendbox, to have a friendbox. Because I do try to be a good friend.

So no more watching. No more lights dancing just out of reach. I had a good day, with someone that could be a friend. And that is how I need to see things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I <3 Emily.