Monday, February 25, 2008

After a Good Walk and 48 Hours

"'Will you ever learn? You're just an empty cage girl, if you kill the bird'" -- Crucify, Tori Amos

Yes, some posts have disappeared. You aren't imagining it.

So in my reflective state, I would like to point out that I do listen to you. QO and his philosophies on attraction and availability . . . that you won't look if you get hung up, won't see opportunity while you are busy treading water. Bop bop with his new agey stuff (see? I didn't say bullshit.) although I'm not going with the mantra he suggested. But comforting, his belief that there is someone for everyone. My mother, who did an excellent job of talking me down . . . with stories (all men are the same whether they are 14 or 45) and suggestions (all of her suggestions involved homework or working) E2 and M2, who haven't even said "We told you so . . . " Not once. Thank you.

I need some space and he now feels bad so is not giving any.

And perhaps I need to move. Get a new job. Or take a vacation.

I need to do something different.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring is coming, and with it the sun. Verrry easy to be down this time of year.

iamthanu said...

Spring IS coming.

And really, they seem to make movies about this all the time. Except in the movies, they end up together in the end.

And I am prone to be dramatic. Overly so. Am down off the peak in this curve. We'll stay friends. But the advice still rings true. So thanks.