Tuesday, February 26, 2008

But That's Work

"When I counted up my demons . . . saw that there was one for every day . . . with the good ones on my shoulder . . . I drove the other ones away." -- Everything's Not Lost, Coldplay

In the flurry of solitary activity, watched two movies, something that I rarely do. Really liked Martian Child, but am a sap like that. Now I really want to adopt a Martian. Am almost to the end of Middlesex making the fiction count for this year -- one. And am knitting a sweater, in winter, something that I rarely do. Sweaters are summer activities. Plus there is yearbook. Always with the yearbook.

Evidently, Cooley Law will let you take one class to see if you are cut out for law school. I've already attended a couple class sessions at Tulane Law, back in the day . . . in the glamorous life of S, when I was fascinated by such things. Seemed like a lot of reading (I do like that), some pretentiousness, and competition. But night school at Cooley? Probably just the reading. Wonder if I could get out of taking the LSAT.

Cause bop bop and I had a long conversation about how to meet men when you are not twenty one. He meets women at work . . . which doesn't work for me at all. So he suggested that I "join some hobby groups" except that my hobbies are making sock monkeys and knitting. And I already belong to those groups. So then he suggested that I do some art . . . get it in a gallery somewhere . . . and go to the opening. Which I suppose could happen. Not as fun as making sock monkeys though. Did do a wicked cool drawing as an example for class today.

And my mother recommends that I become a temp for the summer. Which would be great if I didn't have to get up, get dressed and, I don't know, WORK. Oh, and she suggested the Cooley thing . . . so looking for men . . . with homework. Because that is so much more fun than say . . . looking for men with drinking.

And there is the old adage about not looking . . . or when you are not looking . . . something . . .

So instead I'm going to sit here with my demons, for a while. Gogol Bordello is March 3, Matt Good is March 18 (YAY), Deals Gone Bad is back in town on March 22, and Streetlight Manifesto is back on April 23 (get your tickets early). Plenty to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DGB - March 22nd - you are taking your sister with you correct? And this time we will be early so she will not miss all of the songs!

Mere