Sunday, September 25, 2005

Best Lines of Homecoming Dance

Number One: Who is that lady with the bright red hair? She has a camera around her neck . . . She's a teacher? I'm not judging or anything . . .

Number Two: (Emily [muppet hair teacher lady with camera] to DJs) Hi . . . I'm a teacher here (to compensate for the hair). Is there any way we could play something maybe upbeat and clean? Cause we've had a whole string of dirty and I think some of the kids would like to dance to something just fun.

Number Three: (Emily to DJ girl) (again) So could you play some Ska?
DJ Girl: Is that a band? Or is it a song? Emily: No, it's a genre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good sample of that "Ska Band?" that she might like to hear, or that I would have liked to hear being in the same situation.

"well first of all i'd like to say Fuck off
If you don't get it why don't you
go shove your head back up your ass
and don't waste my time"

Reel Big Fish, "You Don't Know".

And horns are too much for horny teens anyway, I think.

iamthanu said...

A bit too much in the profanity department, but I like the sentiment. Much better than that hump song and "Candy Shop".

It's sad to think that all that slam dancing we did is way more wholesome than what I saw last night. It's all Britney Spears fault . . . these girls have been grinding since they were five and actively present themselves with this twisted sexual liberation equals women's liberation idea (if they have any ideas at all). It's in to be trashy.

At least with horns they separate and bounce around like little electrons.

So imagine me . . . running around the middle of the dance floor, holding my hands about a foot apart and repeatedly saying "Leave room for Jesus!" in an absurdly perky way. Even more funny, most of the kids of Lake Shore think I'm Jewish.