Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Blood Red Does Not Equal Vampire Red

Who knew? Special Effects brand "Blood Red" does not look a thing like Manic Panic's "Vampire Red". My hair is now too dark for my liking.

I enjoyed the vibrant "Elmo-ness" of the vampire red . . . hence the muppet/fraggle hair discussions. Now it is just really blood red, which seems a little dingy in comparison. Don't get me wrong, my hair is definitely still "bottle head" but just not as shocking as last week (though there were those orange days last week, this is an improvement from the orange). Perhaps it will fade.

The other problem with Special effects versus Manic Panic is that it is (according to all the punk kids at school) supposed to last longer. This is great, if you get the right color, but not so great if you assumed that blood and vampire would be close to the same thing (we all know what assume means). So I'll have to deal for . . . it says on the bottle . . . three to six weeks. Taking into account the lack of truth in advertising, probably a week or two. The Special Effects stuff is more gooey, this being better in the not dripping and looking like you have a large head wound catagory. So I may try the "Devilish" color to see if that is more Elmo like. Considering my problems at Noir, this should be an interesting conversation (as if every conservation at Noir isn't interesting).

"So what color is Elmo colored? Excuse me, girl with blue hair and patent leather bra, which of these bottles will give me Elmo colored hair? You know, Elmo . . . the muppet? He's on Sesame Street, owns a goldfish name Dorothy? Elmo? At the Target, the Tickle Me Elmo? Yeah, I want that color . . ."

Can't wait. Could just order Vampire Red on the internet. But then I wouldn't be able to torment those Noir employees would I?

No comments: