Saturday, November 05, 2005

Darn it!

My nose looks way cuter three times it's normal size . . . no, really, I'm not being sarcastic or anything. It's a little wider and it actually looks better. Maybe because the swelling evens it out or something.

A bit better right now . . . I'm at home. Got a cup of tea. Have all sorts of weird stuff in my nose and throat and I'm all shakey from the Darvocet. I haven't had any "pain moderation" in about six hours and may cut back to one pill. Right now, it feels like a really bad sinus infection as long as I don't move my nose. One "Samantha witch" twitch reminds me quick though. Hot showers help.

Not smelling anything isn't so bad. Not tasting anything sucks . . . it makes you think eating is a really good idea, until you get to the middle of the thing you are eating . . . and then you just kind of lose interest. Not being able to hear is not all that great either.

Take my contacts out and I only have the sense of touch . . . good thing that inservice I had the other day "taught" me that I have 43 other senses (ummm. . . . cough, cough, cough, bulls$%t).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I would be more than happy to bring you a soy latte but I am not allowed to know exactly where you live. :) Time for pictures??

iamthanu said...

The pictures are really, really gross . . . I'll see what I can do. Princess gets all upset when I post unflattering pictures and then she'll call me constantly.

You're not allowed to know where I live because you are a student? Probably don't want you to see me with this tissue stuffed up my nose anyhow. My father did take me to get a soy latte this afternoon. Might be able to walk for one tomorrow, though I don't think I'm allowed any exercise. Something about the bucket of blood happening again.

Anonymous said...

I am not going to call, but you really need to get rid of that picture -asap.
Talk to you later:)