Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I had these up my nose

My splints have been removed and they were very careful not to let me see them, even though I know they look like this but with way, way, more blood. I almost asked for them but I don't think the nurses would have liked that.

I'm going back to work on Friday. Happy medium between my mother's desires and work's desires. Honestly, I feel crappy (though when has that ever stopped me from going to work?), woozy and I randomly bleed all over the place. It's the random bleeding that really is the problem.

According to "Todd", my ENT, it will be better now that the splints are out. But that was said right after he tried to suction more skin out of my sinus. So at this moment . . . it is NOT better, though I could smell some macaroni and cheese. Todd says everything very matter of factly . . . like, "Well . . . the reason you can't smell is you had splints blocking your nasal passages, plus those big clots (looks at chart) . . . oh, right, I did a left endosopy on your maxillary . . . well, that explains all the blood . . ." I love it when Todd forgets what he's done to my nose. Makes me feel like a person, not just an object in the Beaumont machine. Really.

I had a list of questions, because I was woozy and didn't want to forget, and that really annoyed poor Todd, who evidently just wanted to suck out my brain with that little stick he had. My aunt Leona was right though . . . I did want the TWO pain moderation pills . . . if not four. So I have to go see Todd again in a week and he did promise to suck more blood out then. I have some sutures up there too. Great. Uh-huh.

I'm still in pain . . . but the pain moderation pills just makes you not care. I'm in pain, I just don't care that I am in pain. Ah, a whole new attitude for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know that they improved the non-stick surface of those nose splints! Will the wonders of science never cease!