Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Pre-Surgery Consult Part II

So I was a bit stressed today, as I am leaving work for four whole days and a lot can get destroyed in that amount of time. So I prepped my students . . . giving them all the gory details, so they would, hopefully, feel sorry for me and behave. I know there are teachers who can leave and just let it go . . . I am not one of those teachers. So I give them all my email and lecture them on guest teacher etiquette. I leave 42 extra handouts. I have plan A, plan B and emergency plan C. I left the substitute an actual bin of stuff. Not a substitute folder . . . a BIN.

So in amongst this I get my surgery time call. I thought they were going to just tell me the time, so I answered the phone . . . "okay, 10:30 check-in . . . third floor to the right . . . waiting room . . . " and the special instructions begin. No metal, no jewelry, no pocketwatches, we might let you wear underwear but probably not . . .

So the lesson bin is done. I found my keys, right on the stairway door where I left them last night. The jewelry is all off. I still have to take a walk and I'm going to get Starbucks at midnight, darn it. What the heck, I'm going to be forced to sleep all day as it is . . . oh, and my mother decided not to spend the night, which is why I can write this instead of vacuuming underneath everything in my house. Yesterday, I was vacuuming like a maniac, moved my bed and everything. Tonight, not so much.

It's really simple . . . just going to break the inside of my nose, suck out some stuff and stick some splints in there. Happens every Monday and Thursday . . . I hear anyway.

No comments: