Sunday, November 27, 2005

O Christmas Tree, Part Deux

So did I mention that my original 1950's fake Christmas tree was from my Grandma B? The one with the Alzheimer's?

The Christmas tree had directions . . . I remember reading them when I was five. But they are long gone, probably still in the fruit cellar at my Grandmother's house. My mother brought the fake Christmas tree to my house, so it was in one place and not on three different floors. The post has different colored dots on it, which I assumed corresponded to the dots on the branches, until I had fourteen leftover yellow branches and no black or white dots. I called my mother for the third time, who was a bit exasperated at that point, and she just told me to put the damn thing together and not worry about the colors. I then discovered that I did not have enough branches for the amount of slots . . . but this time I didn't call, I just worked it out. I'm wondering where all the branches went? Did we lose a box of them? Did they just get wrecked over the years and thrown away? Did they burst into flame? It's not like they are small and can hide out under the couch. And who repainted them all yellow?

I am now working on the light problem. Because there is always a light problem.

Next year, 6ft. fake Xmas tree, prelit from Target, $29.99 . . .

Were fake trees flame retardant in 1953?

No comments: