Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Must Hold Off the Madness Before It Consumes Me

In addition to pricey soap use, I like this "in shower" moisturizer of late. I was running low so I bought some at the evil Walmart, while taking the Thanksgiving German guests shopping (they love the Walmart, for it's inexpensive deodorant and Saran Wrap . . . as do I, for that matter). Inadvertently, I left the moisturizer at Stately Wayne Manor and my mother kindly offered to drop it off at my house . . . since she is auditing the school district next door anyhow.

I talked to her tonight and she says that she put the moisturizer in my back doorway two days ago. I found it tonight . . . it's not that I think she's lying, but how did I step over a bottle of Oil of Olay moisturizer for two days without noticing or squishing it? Sure enough . . . found it in the doorway today when I got home. The squirrels must have borrowed it or something.

Was at school until 8:30 tonight. Was thanked by a parent for staying with her student until she picked them up . . . something that I just assumed was my job, maybe from the private school days where I would sit for an hour until someone was picked up. The parent tonight was very appreciative, which was so nice. But again, it's my job . . . I just can't abandon them in an empty school when we are working on the yearbook late.

So much madness . . . match.com is weirder and weirder. Got a wink tonight from someone with "3 or more children" and "they live at home" . . . thank goodness I don't answer "winks". Can't wait until the weekend. Except my truck's heater is broken and my brother is not going to be happy about taking it to get fixed. One of the downfalls about working at a dealership, your sister makes you take things to get fixed. My heat only works if you turn it ALL the way up and then it's too hot.

So just have to lie low for two more days. And thank goodness the squirrels have returned the moisturizer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure your moisturizer came from the evil Wally Mart? I seem to remember finding it for you at the good sale Target...

iamthanu said...

Damn . . . you're right. I'll have to print a retraction.