Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Being of the Crabbypants

I just had to sign something that basically said that I wouldn't be crabby anymore . . . it was symbolic and some sort of "team building" romantic "can't we just all get along" thing. The latest mantra is "if we're just more positive, things will be great!"

While I'm sure this worked for many, many organizations . . . Enron for example and (I know, I never thought it would come out of my mouth) the Bush administration (sorry, George, really) . . . it really just brings out my oppositionally defiant streak. I now want a T-shirt that says "I'm not feeling positive" (this was a note written to me in a meeting today) so I can close my door and people will just leave me alone. So I won't get lectured about the power of positive thinking. Give me something positive to think about instead . . .

Oh, and people touched me today. Put their hands on my shoulders from behind. I wish I had a picture of the look on my face, because I'm sure it was priceless. I'm sure it was something between shock, horror and the visible plan painted across my face that I would soon punch someone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister.

Anonymous said...

I hate when people I really dont know touch me as well.... but becuz I am "so happy and shiny" (so i have been told) .. it must be the hair.... people ASSUME that I want to touched.. or that it is infact ok to touch me, my hair, shoulder or leg... i try not to be too jumpy when it happens, as I also "scare people" sometimes, or so mini-mom says....
ok, off to a mtg. -m