Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Touch of Oompa Loompa

So every so often I am overcome by the girlyness . . . and do something totally insane that I KNOW is insane. This week one of the insane acts was to succumb to that combination of marketing and moisturizer called "Healthy Glow", which I will henceforth call "A touch of Oompa-Loompa".

The whole premise is that you put self-tanner in moisturizer . . . a "touch" of it, and over what is supposed to be several days, you overcome the pallor. Relieved of the pallor is actually what the advertisers want you to think (and Princess . . . who hates pallor. Hates it.) As I cannot tan; for two main reasons, being a. I go from white to lobster to white again . . . no matter how many times I repeat and b. my father just had a huge chunk of skin cancer dug out of this face; I figured that I might try "the touch of Oompa-Loompa" lotion.

While I do not currently look anything like an Oompa-Loompa (though I might get closer if I dye the muppet hair green), I could see where it could go in that direction. There are streaks of what look like sorta tan . . . which I'm sure are supposed to blend in with whatever streaks I add tonight. I guess if you get enough streaks, they blend together in an Oompa-Loompa like glow (a light-skinned Oompa-Loompa anyhow) . . . but that may be too much maintenance for me. So much for my adventure in girlyness for this week.

Thank god I went with the "touch of Oompa-Loompa" and not with the fake eyelashes . . . I could have put my eye out by now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well finally, this is a topic I really like! First, fake eye lashes are the best! Proper application of course is the key. I am not sure about that self tanner you have selected. You really should have consulted me first. I like to think I have the corner market on such information. Remember, everyone loves a "healthy glow" on a girl.
Princess

iamthanu said...

So now I have to get fake eyelash lessons from you this weekend? Cause I'm sooo fascinated with them. Glad you liked the topic . . . sometimes I am girly. Never as girly as you though, you get the prize. (or more properly the crown) Off to turn a slightly darker shade of orange.

Anonymous said...

I think being a girl is important also. Don't shoot for orange though. Orange skin is not good.

Anonymous said...

try the Jergens, for FAIR complexions.

iamthanu said...

You were right about the oompa loompa-ness getting worse once you stop. Maybe I'll just stick to pasty whiteness.