Saturday, May 27, 2006

It's Official

They say that Memorial Day marks the beginning of the summer season . . . you can break out the white pants and shoes (but who would want to?), it stays light until 9 p.m., there's a bonfire in my parent backyard with smores. But really the mark of the start of summer was this morning, on the way to Lowe's to buy some flowers.

"So drive the Milford road way, so we can go to Dairy Queen and have flurries for breakfast." my mother says.

The real start of summer is when you can have a nerd flurry (or as the Dairy Queen lady corrected us: Blizzard) for breakfast.

The problem is I don't really want a whole nerd flurry . . . ever. Even for breakfast, when I have the rest of the day to burn off all the calories (176 million, I'm sure). I only really want half a small nerd flurry at any given time. But you can't share a nerd flurry . . . because no one (except me) likes ice cream whipped with nerd candy, unless they are maybe under the age of, say, four and a half. And I don't hang out with a lot of four year olds. I suppose I could just throw half of the nerd flurry away, but that seems wasteful of the nerds and flurry. And Dairy Queen just doesn't make a "snow shower", they only make blizzards, which are way too big.

But on the plus side, I don't have to think about eating for the rest of the day. And I found some black flowers at the Lowe's for my backyard. There are black flowers, who knew? So Addam's family. I can hardly stand it.

So summer is here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Black flowers? I love the color black but in flower form seems too much somehow.

theothersideofthecouch said...

i hope that’s not all you are going to eat today

iamthanu said...

I just had some string cheese . . . and I will probably eat dinner when I am hungry. I'm thinking about making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich right now. That is if there are no ants in the bread.

Hey, you commented!

iamthanu said...

Black flowers . . . cute little pansies called "Black Magic" and they have to be planted in the backyard because they do not like full sun. Because they are so small they are not too much. So no worries, the neighbors are not going to come with torches and pitchforks for what I'm planting in the yard.