Sunday, May 14, 2006

Now I Don't HAVE To . . .

The H&M opened Friday in Ann Arbor . . . it's Sunday and I've already been there twice. The bigger store is opening at Lakeside on June 2 and I'm half thinking of working there. It would keep me off the streets and give me a 25% discount.

Ikea is opening in Canton in 23 days. So it is the summer of shopping (like last summer was different . . . before these stores). Now I don't have to travel to New York, Chicago or, in the extreme, Paris, to shop. Not that I won't do that anyway. I don't even have to leave the state. I may become provincial . . . except that most of my friends have left me, so I have to travel to see them.

So glad that Detroit is kinda becoming real.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so jealous.. now that I live in the friggin "South" and have no where cool to shop, and DTW gets real.... so it goes.
I think you should work at H & M and then I also could take part in the discount, when I am in town ;)

iamthanu said...

Yes, I'm torn . . . since I should probably do something philanthropic, as I don't really need the money, or the clothes (which has been pointed out repeatedly, my new nickname is material girl. But I think it would be sooo fun! Still, I think my soul could probably benefit more from reading to the orphans or repainting the crack houses or something.

You could always move back you know.

Anonymous said...

moving back... yeah, tried that once, do you remember the meltdown... not a pretty sight.

just found out there was a VP job opening at Adi in Portland... there's a job, not really helping any orphans, but definately more $$flow...
miss you BTW. D asked about you & your life this weekend, maybe I should get him to read your blog... ;)
-m (but that the other M who may or may not be related to you, the non related m)