Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mother's Day

"Could you stop sending me flowers for Mother's Day? The cat just eats the flowers and then I just have chewed up looking flowers."
"I didn't send you the flowers, Mom."
"But your name was on them."
"I know. They didn't help pay for the ring, so my name is on the flowers."
"So just wait until the cat dies to send me flowers."
"Well, you know what we're going to do if the cat dies . . ."
"Send me flowers?"
"No, we're going to get you another cat. J. has loads of extra ones."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction. No ones name was on the flowers. They just said "Happy Mother's Day"--leading to the logical conclusion that one or several of my children had sent them.

And the cat does really chew on them!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your mother is right and mothers are always right. Think about that you little smartie.

iamthanu said...

There is nothing to think about . . . I didn't get my mother flowers. I got her expensive (relatively) jewelry, with sparklies. No need to get hostile.