Friday, February 02, 2007

First Sighting

The ipod is on. It is cold, and I'm pissed about something else and I just want to get in and work out. There is someone behind me but I don't pay attention.

"Are you Emily?"

I turn. I don't recognize this person . . . this woman who knows my name. I look closer. I went to high school with a lot of people, college with even more. I meet people through the various things I'm doing with English curriculum. Buzz through the memory banks. Nope. Nada.

She introduces herself. It doesn't help. I don't know this person. And then . . .

"I'm H's friend . . . he's shown me your blog . . ."

I shake her hand. I think I verbally told her that this was odd. But I don't know what was coming out of my mouth. Did she recognize the back of my head? Do I have pictures of the back of my head on my blog? Wait, there was a mirror. She is talking about being H.'s girlfriend. Did H. ever talk about her? Hmmm . . . what to say. I haven't seen H. in ages. She informs me that she is going to be late for class. Well, okay then. The end of our acquaintance.

So a complete stranger walked up to me and announced that she had read my blog.

I feel so famous. Infamous? Anyhow, let's hope that doesn't happen again for a while. The complete strangers walking up and knowing my name. It makes me feel unsettled.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Told ya!

iamthanu said...

Told me what?

Anonymous said...

Confused about the entries.

iamthanu said...

Confused in what way? In the fact that one disappeared? In that I'm not writing coherently?

Can't address you directly because you have left no clue as to who you are . . . so I guess you can just email me for clarification, if necessary.

Anonymous said...

m-turn and face it...amazon.com pema chodron ....a great book is no where to escape...seriously, em, didnt mean to be such a prick but i think you are looking for perfect in a human world and the secret is a human world...so, be a little human, a little blind to humanities follies, a little less judgmental and live and let live....you deserve it all and i hope you find it..t

iamthanu said...

First off, I am really trying to be human . . . and polite. You have my email address and as much as you like to give me advice for the world to see, I think because you want the world to see that you are RIGHT and I am just a whiner, email would probably be a better forum for this.

And since you are blissfully happy in your current situation, why bother?

I pulled the post because you were a prick and I had nothing nice to say, giving you just the reaction that you wanted, by the way. I suppose I could have just deleted your comment and may do so in the future.

In regards to your first post, first paragraph, I still have the email that I wrote to you. Would you like me to post that? The awful email where I sent a "judgemental closed fist" your way, by explaining my current situation at that moment, apologizing and then offering my phone number? Yeah, that closed fist?

Oh, and my name is Emily. I don't know who "m" is . . . stop flaming my blog . . .

Anonymous said...

emily-sorry. signing off for good, wish you the best, hope things work out great for you. tom