Saturday, February 24, 2007

"I'm Drafty"

I went out with the girls last night. While at this East Side bar . . . because God forbid we leave the confinds of that town that they live in . . . and they all live there . . . there was an awful band, very much like the SNL skit with the music teachers who play everywhere. So it was hard to hear over the third round of Jimmy Buffett but . . .

" . . . and I was drafty. So my father said to just get up and we left."
"You were what?"
"You know. Drafty."
"Like 'the room had a draft'?"
"Yes, I was drafty, so they moved us in the restaurant."
"You can't describe yourself as having drafts."
"I don't have drafts. I was cold."
"Drafty?"

So folks, drafty now also means "being affected, or persecuted by drafts" and therefore a person can actually be drafty. According to Princess. And since she is a high mucky, muck in the Language Arts community (there's a Language Arts community?), it sticks.

Also, if people are upset with you . . .
M2: "You better watch it. You're going to get a horse's head thrown at your house."
Princess: "Or fish. Dead fish on your lawn."
"There were no dead fish in The Godfather."
Princess: "What? No, there were dead fish. And they're are going to be thrown on your lawn."

6 comments:

hud said...

Make sure no ones throws the fish into your bed; you don't want to sleep that long, do you?


*groan*

iamthanu said...

Yes, I think there was some confusion between "sleep with the fishes" and the horse head scene. Mixing metaphors, as it where.

Anonymous said...

It's the East side? Wadid ya expect?

Anonymous said...

I don't appreciate the negative connotations associated with the East Side. It is a fine place to live. You just need to hold on tight to your purse!
Princess

iamthanu said...

And wear earplugs. "Wastin' away in margaritaville" Or better yet, when they sang "Cats in the Cradle".

Nope, Royal Oak or Ferndale next time. I might negotiate down to Downtown.

And no, I will not meet in Warren, even if it is "halfway".

Anonymous said...

Now wait a minute........If there is a decent place half way between it should be considered even if it is still "the East Side".