Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What I Have Learned Today . . . So Far

How to download podcasts . . . am now "subscribed" to This American Life -- I hope it's not like my Free Press subscription.

How to make playlists . . . okay, kinda cheating . . . I've done it before on other applications. But unlike previous attempts, these playlist actually worked. I made one for cardio and one for weights. There's nothing worse than being stuck on "Sampson" by Regina Specktor while trying to keep your heart rate up, ditto for the other way around. And yes, I'm now so geeky about working out that I have playlists for it. Perhaps I will make one for photo class too.

That when questioning what to wear . . . I will ultimately go with the black cashmere sweater and jeans. I probably should invest in more black cashmere at this point. (Going with the gray one today)

That every so often, you need to blast an old classic . . . say Sisters of Mercy . . . "I Was Wrong" . . . just cause it's fun . . .

That I really need to keep a list of the music (remember? The right brainers HAVE to make lists . . . and don't like to . . . I keep losing them, actually) that I want to buy. Going to the good "record" store tonight -- have an engagement in Ferndale. Engagement? Meeting? Occasion? Hmmm . . . meeting a friend for coffee in Ferndale tonight, which means a quick look through the Old Navy and CD shopping.

Oh, and I have too many size 7 16 inch circular needles and nothing else . . . meaning I will have to buy two pairs of needles in the next week.

DON'T listen to the eighteen year old Nordstrom salesgirl when she says that the jeans will just shrink "up". Although I still love them and they still make my butt look good . . . they aren't any shorter, and they are going to have to "warm up" on my body for a while. They are no longer put in the dryer jeans.

And it has occurred to me that I'm being a Wembler . . . need to stop that.

No comments: