Monday, February 05, 2007

Parting Ways

The matchdotcom demons are currently sending me messages about how it "takes a long time" to find your soulmate. I don't feel that this lines up with their current marketing campaign, but I suppose there are several different definitions of "special". I would love to read the fine print on that one . . . is "special" if you make out in the parking lot? How many dates equal "special"? Maybe that's my problem, I keep going out with people who want their next six months free.

Matchdotcom and I are official parting ways on Valentine's day (so appropriate, considering) . . . and this time I have an email confirmation and everything. So I will have to find dates in real time and space. This will take all the surprise out of my life . . . but somehow I'll carry on. And speaking of dates, I think I will take the month of February off. Seems appropriate, with Valentine's Day looming and everything. And very fun to explain, should anyone actually ask me out . . . better than "but I don't call boys" . . . ummm, I'm sorry. I'm not available until March. How does that look for you? Good, so that's settled. It's a short month anyhow.

Had a wonderful "too cold" day off of work. Still have to go to school tonight though . . . bummer. Should have taken advantage of the time, maybe to go work out, get some coffee (can't meet other people inside your house . . . oh, wait . . . I'm stopping that full court press for the month) but instead stayed inside and make some sweet potato fries, watched some MTV. It was too cold to go to work, so it is too cold to go outside.

Oh, and my trash can got hit by a car and thrown down the street . . . and is now broken. So how do you throw away a trash can? I still can't find the lid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you already quit matchdotcom? Thought I saw that in an earlier post.

iamthanu said...

I tried really hard to quit matchdotcom . . . making it sound like heroin . . . and they re-upped me without my knowledge. I now have a confirmation letter, so I'm really done with those people.