Wednesday, April 06, 2005

As to not get dooced . . .

I have retracted my letter, as to not get dooced or upset anyone . . . since I was told who actually did leave the note yesterday. (Yes, I am talking in code. There was a post yesterday. It has been deleted. It was sorta, but not really, about work.)

A poor telemarketer from MSU got my wraith this evening, when calling and asking for money. I informed her that I was actively trying to send one of my students to MSU and that a professor there had told him NOT TO COME.

Now I understand that MSU is not the top photography school in the country. Hell, it doesn't even rate. But that is not what sending this kid up to the art school to talk to the photo prof was about. It was about the opportunities available at State. And the guy could have been more polite and at least looked at my students stuff. I know his print work has dust all over it . . . silverprinting is going dead, digital is where this student is at . . .

This dude blew my student off, which I suppose will prepare him for real life and MSU for that matter (I do remember having to be persistent). It didn't need to happen that way though and the kid now has a bad taste in his mouth.

So I told the poor girl that as soon as the art school at Michigan State got it's head straight, I would donate some money. I don't think I'll be reaching for my wallet anytime soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I had no idea that I had the power to make you delete things. Cool! I will continue to work on that. About the MSU thing, that really sucks!

iamthanu said...

No really, did you check out the dooce link? They fired her and stuff.